Protected Fat (By-Pass)
Protected Fat (by-pass), or calcium soap made from palm oil fatty acids, is the only totally reliable source of protected fat in the production of feed for ruminants.
In contrast to olein fats (triglycerides, free fatty acids), our product does not affect the rumen’s metabolism. It is a combination of fatty acids and calcium which are joined together by a chemical bond for forming salt. Fatty acid calcium salt is broken down in the acid medium of the maw (abomasum). Once the fatty acids and calcium are hydrolyzed, they enter, in free form, into the duodenum, where they are digested and absorbed.
“By-Pass” fat for ruminants and other animals.
- Increase of the returns by dairy cows
- Increase of the fertility by dairy cows
- Facilitate the acceptance by smell and taste
- Enhance metabolic disfunction of ketosis
- Reduces milkfever by milk cows with high production that need high energy
|Crude fat||84,00 %|
|Calcium||9,00 %||Digestible Energy||7,07 Mcal/kg|
|Ash||11,00 %||Net Lact. Energy||5,75 Mcal/Kg|
|Humidity||5,00 %||Met. E. Rts.||30,00 Mj/Kg|
FATTY ACID COMPOSITION
|Miristic Acid||(C-14)||1,5% (Min.)|
|Palmatic Acid||(C-16)||44,0% (Min.)|
|Stearoc Acid||(C-18)||5,0% (Min.)|
|Oleic Acid||(C-18:1)||40,0% (Min.)|
|Linoleic Acid||(C-18:2)||9,5% (Min.)|
|(4.000 – 5.000 Lt.)||300 – 500||Gr./day|
|(high production)||500 – 1.000||Gr./day|
|Calves:||feed||1 – 3%|
|Lactating sheep||50 – 150||Gr./day|
|Sheep milking several lambs||100 – 200||Gr./day|
|Goats:||50 – 150||Gr./day|
The shelf life of the product is 12 months after production date. Store products always in original and unopened bag.
- Store in a dry and cool place (temperature below 30°C
- and a relative humidity below 70%)
- Protect goods from direct sun light.
- Store bags above ground (e.g. on pallets) to prevent direct contact.
- Protect goods from rodents.